I was out to brunch last week with my neighbor, and after getting caught up on the latest news, she asked, “So what do you love about the city so far?”
My first thought was, “Nothing!” But when I took a second to think it over, I came up with a list of things that, strangely, I do love. Take heart, country mice! You can adapt!
Here’s my list so far:
– Being about to walk to the grocery store and restaurants.
– Our church, and the wonderful staff. I don’t think I could have gotten through the last few months without them.
– The pizza/Mediterranean place up the road. I’m particularly fond of the limeade.
– The fact that our apartment comes with a roof deck, two parking spots, and a washer and dryer.
– The neighbors we’ve met are really nice.
– My garage door opener. I know that sounds silly, but I went months without because the rental agency only gave us one.
– Our gym–the Tuesday morning yoga class in particular.
– Our neighborhood. It’s so eclectic, like a little village. Off the top of my head, I don’t know of any empty shops on the main street. They’re all filled with boutiques, restaurants, doctors/dentists/lawyers/rental agencies, even a couple places that have music lessons for kids under 4. In fact, this neighborhood is more family friendly than I gave it credit for because there are kids’ clothing boutiques and tons of activities for the kidlets.
– Starbucks in easy walking distance. Two of them, actually.
– Target is across the street from the gym.
– Not being scared to drive. I’m getting used to the traffic, but it helps a lot that I’m learning my way around.
– The layout of my apartment. If I could take it and put it on top of a partially finished basement, I could live in it happily for a long time.
So there’s an even dozen things off the top of my head. What do you love about where you live?